ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
- Admission is open to Indian citizens only. But mere obtaining of the Prospectus and Application form does not guarantee admission in any class.
- For admission to B.A. (Honors) Course in any subject the student must have obtained not less than 45% marks at the intermediate Examination in the concerned subject and also in aggregate.
- But if a student has passed the Intermediate Examination in Science or Commerce he or she must have obtained not less than 45% marks in aggregate to become eligible for admission.
- For Admission to B.Com. (Honors) Course the candidate must have passed Intermediate Examination in Commerce obtaining not less than 45% marks in the commerce subjects/group subjects
- Those who have passed I.A. or I.Sc. Examination must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate for admission in Commerce.
However, the admission in B.A. / B.Com. (Honors) will be according to marks staggering in different groups on different dates as notified in the newspaper.
- No Candidate shall be admitted, who, in the opinion of the Vice-chancellor, is not fit to be admitted in the best interest of the Directorate.
- No applicant shall be admitted to the course if he/she does not submit his/her application for complete in all respects together with the first installment of tuition fee and other charges within the specified period of time.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION
- A copy of the Prospectus containing blank Application Form may be obtained from the Sales Counter of the Directorate on payment of Rs. 350/- only payable through Bank Challan. Those who desire to have it by post. Should remit Rs. 465/- by Bank draft of any nationalized bank only valid for three months, drawn in favor of the “Director, Directorate of Distance Education, P.U.” payable at patna.
- A candidate desirous of admission must fill in the Application Form carefully and attach the necessary documents mentioned below-
- The original marks sheet of the qualifying examination and its attested copy. The original mark sheet will be returned to the student after proper verification at the time of admission.
- The School or College Leaving Certificate or Transfer Certificate in original.
- Emigration Certificate for students migrating from other universities/Board etc. in Original and
- Five copies of recent P.P. size color photograph and one stamp size. Photograph should be of good quality and of the same negative.
- The Application must be signed by the candidate and counter signed by his/her father guardian and must be submitted on or before the last date. Willful suppression of a wrong statement of facts may render the candidate liable to be removed from roll of the Directorate.
- The examination conducted by Hindi sahitya Sammelan, Allahabad and Hindi Vidyapith, Deoghar are not recognized by the Patna University.
- Original documents like S.L.C. / C.L.C. / T.C. and Emigration certificate submitted for the purpose of admission shall in no case be returned to the students. If necessary, students are directed to arrange its copy well in advance.
- Prospectus and forms for B.A. & B.Com. (Honors) can be had from the DDE Counter on submission of Bank Challan of Allahabad Bank, Patna University, Branch.
- Prospectus forms for PG Diploma in Journalism & B. Lib (Bachelor of Library & Information Science) may be had from the Directorate on submission of Bank Draft of any Nationalized Bank in favor of Director, DDE, Patna University, payable at Patna.
- Prospectus for Vocational Courses (PGD-FM, PGD-MM &PGD-OM) will be available on submission of Bank Draft of any Nationalized Bank in favor of Director, Vocational Courses, DDE, Patna University payable at Patna.
- Selection of Candidates for Vocational Courses will be purely on Marks basis while Admission test will be conducted for B.C.A. applicants only.
- Further detail information may be had from the Notice Board & Enquiry Counter of the Directorate during office hours at any working day or on Telephone No. 6012-2672941